Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Setting up shop........


Eventually, Vanessa and I will be entering through this doorway beneath the lovely window, into our new booth at SuzAnna's Antiques.


Neutral barn board walls will be the backdrop for the precious treasures (those are not our items shown in the sale) we plan to bring you once we're open for business.


We actually shopped SuzAnna's ourselves on Sunday afternoon, picking through a ton of outdoor stuff in search of very inexpensive tables to use for display.  We bought this white farmhouse table..................


......................and, to add a little quirkiness, this table made from odds and ends re-purposed instead of being tossed on the heap! 


I'm anxious to get all the work completed at the cottage - hopefully this will happen by Friday - DH and are tired of the dust and hammering!  I can hardly wait to start setting up shop.  I love designing vignettes with unusual objects..........mixing antique, vintage and new pieces.   Vanessa and I have some great ideas for our space and I'll be sharing pictures soon!

17 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see the shop and the changes in your home! I am so excited for you!
    Hugs,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mary

    I cannot wait to see photos of the vignettes you create! Love to see more photos of shop too.
    Pamela xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful........as always. I just know your space will be amazing!!

    Blessings....
    xoxo Gert

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary, how wonderful! I didn't know you were planning a shop. I'm so excited for you and for all the clients that will love, love, love what you have to sell. Can't wait to see more of the shop and the cottage. ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your new booth sounds awesome and the shop looks wonderful. I want to come down and check it out. I am not too far. Love & blessings from NC!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait to see what you do in your shop. The table is definitely fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are so excited for you guys to open your booth!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Let us know where your booth will be located and I'll try to visit. You can tell me at the brunch if you want. I'm so excited for you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I clicked on that link and see it's in Raleigh. My daughter-in-law's family lives there so I'll put it on our "RoadTrip" list.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't wait! Hugs to both of you, Mary Ann

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Mary, this is WONDERFUL girl!!!! I can't wait to see what you do with this incredible space...I'm sure it will look so beautiful! I hope you are well sweetie!!! hugs and love, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just came across your blog and was hoping that shop you are opening was going to be in England. Do you know the Tonque in Cheek blog from France? (American in France) You two have alot in common. Best wishes on your exciting new adventures and if goes well, I hope you open another store in the UK!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have always wanted to have a booth at an antique mall or a shop. Good for you! I love your blog and am looking forward to seeing you at the other Penny's get together in October.

    ReplyDelete
  14. very good I will be watching. How exciting

    janice

    ReplyDelete
  15. You will be a natural at this! The shopping for supplies to sell will be so much fun. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete

I would enjoy reading your comment - thanks so much for stopping by.