Friday, May 13, 2016

Dublin Evening Cityscapes. . . . . . . .


Just a few snaps from our first evening in the city. Luckily our great hotel is right
 in the center, on the River Liffey and within walking distance of much of interest.
Crowds arrived yesterday, just like us, some crossing the Liffey by the 
pedestrian Ha'penny Bridge.
We managed to stay up all day - the best way when missing a real night's
sleep on the previous overnight flight - just showered late afternoon and then out
for a light pub bite and a long walk. The sunshine and comfortable temperatures
certainly made arriving here most enjoyable. . . . . . . and the friendly and 
incredibly helpful Dubliners have already made things really fun.





Looking forward to discovering more of Bob's paternal family roots.
Having an Irish name here seems a great way to make new friends.





I've only brought my little Nikon point and shoot again - it's does OK and is
 so much easier to carry/charge etc. 

Off now on a busy day full of local sightseeing here in the city.
Entire weekend weather forecast continues to look really perfect - a true
Irish blessing I do believe!
Enjoy your weekend wherever.


15 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun trip. Love that Ladies of Dublin photo. So cute! I wonder what she's reading? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Irish roots a good place to go and find them. Many years since I have been to Ireland

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the photos, Mary. How fun to go down the stairs to a cafe. :) It sure draws you in. LOVE the last shot. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm travelling with you both through Ireland Mary!
    We've been watching an interesting series on BBC History of Great Irish Journeys, did you see it?
    Seeing Dublin through your eyes is wonderful too!
    Shane x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mary, You are in one of my most favorite places. I look forward to more pictures. Hugs! Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoying the pictures Mary. Would love to be there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a treat this will be, to follow you on this trip!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Armchair travelling with you is always a delight dear friend, this is bringing back such good memories of our own visit to Dublin over 20 years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  9. One of the girls in my craft group is from Ireland. And another who was raised there may be moving her wedding from Sudan to Ireland this summer. So nice that you are having wonderful weather. It all looks so lovely. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look fabulous! This is going to be the best way for me to see Ireland. Loving it already, but had forgotten that it is a genealogical journey, which makes it just that much more interesting to me. Yay for glorious weather...I have heard that there is no such thing as bad weather in Ireland, just the wrong clothes. Keep having fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful city. I can't wait to see more of your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mary, you and Bob have landed safe and sound in Ireland! Wonderful photos and I'll look forward to more of your travel adventures there. I hope Bob finds some relatives. :) Have a wonderful trip and I hope the weather is as kind as the people. xx Pam

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your little signatures here with the shamrock. Perfect. LOVE that last photo in particular. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

I would enjoy reading your comment - thanks so much for stopping by.