Sunday, December 4, 2016

My old home on the bay. . . . . . . . . .


The arrow points to where we'll be staying for Christmas week this year.
Photos are from the rental website.
Although Winter, there will still be boats moored in the harbour and, for me, that
view is always lovely no matter the weather or season - after all it's HOME! 
This is the view from the balcony of the condo - the promenade gardens below
 the Rock Walk, the outer harbour, Living Coasts Aviary, and Tor Bay looking
 across to the tiny fishing port of Brixham where my dad was born in 1900.
It was, and still is, known as one of the best fishing areas in England with the 
fleet going out daily into the England Channel waters.
The Ferris wheel will be gone to its Winter location - but hopefully the sun will shine,
 the water will be calm, and brave sailors will still be boating across the beautiful bay.

I always love to go home. Being there for Christmas will be special.


13 comments:

  1. You home is such a beautiful place. Have a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Penny - hopefully we'll have nice weather and get pretty views so I can share my own photos from my real home!!!
    Take care - Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it might be my favorite part of England Mary. I love looking at pics from there. What wonders. I think it is really wonderful that you will get to spend Christmas there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Mary, this sounds like a perfect Christmas get away. I know you will savor being "at home". The view alone would have me totally content. I'm sure you will be with many family and friends. Have a super visit. Merry, merry to you and Bob and have a safe journey.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How nice that you will be back in the South West for your Christmas holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How wonderful! I know that you'll have just the best time, fish and chips anyone?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Vert excited for you, Mary. I know you will keep us posted. I want to hear a lot about your hometown!

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  8. A sea view is always great, no matter the weather or the season. Actually, less than "perfect" weather makes the view even greater, I think.
    Your Christmas will be wonderful, I am sure of that - last but not least, because you will be HOME!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the view! Enjoy you stay!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Mary, How wonderful that you will be home for Christmas. So, so many memories to make your Christmas extra special. Have a wonderful trip.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh how exciting for you Mary! It looks beautiful there and I'm sure you will enjoy your time with family and friends over Christmas. We are flying to our daughter's for Christmas this year and our 3 grandsons are pretty excited that Grammie and Grampie are coming to visit. I did put a small tree up and decorated too but most of it is a winter theme that will stay out until into February. Have a fabulous trip! Hugs. Pam

    ReplyDelete

I would enjoy reading your comment - thanks so much for stopping by.